Insurance is a very important part of your financial planning as it gives you and your family financial security should you become permanently disabled or pass away.
Enterprise Plan provides a range of low-cost insurance options designed to help you make sure you have the right level of cover for your personal circumstances. Taking out insurance through the Fund has a number of advantages namely:
- Automatic insurance (default cover) for all Employer sponsor (Choice and MySuper) with no medical requirements
- Optional insurance benefits are also available for Enterprise Plan Personal Choice members.
- Tax-effective premiums taken from your super member account.
The type of Insurance Enterprise Plan offers depends on whether you joined the employer sponsor division or the personal division. As well, some employees may hold tailored Insurance arrangements established by their employer within Enterprise Plan Employer Super.
Enterprise Plan Employer Super (Choice and My Super) – All Members are provided with default cover by the Insurer Hannover Life Re (HLRE) as part of their membership.
Enterprise Plan Personal Choice – Optional Insurance benefits are available for members for:
- Death Only
- Death & Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD); and
- Income Protection cover
Health evidence is applicable, and the health evidence section of the Personal Choice Application needs to be completed. A Full Personal health Statement will need to be completed.
Cover will commence on the day Member Services receives your fully completed application subject to:
- Your account balance being sufficient to cover the premium due, and
- HLRE agreeing to provide cover for you.
Member services will notify you of HLRE’s decision in writing.
Application form and the full personal health statement can be found on the Forms & Publications page.
For the purpose of determining the premiums you will pay, your age next birthday is determined at the date you joined Enterprise Plan and annually on the 1st day of July in each subsequent year. The premium paid is also determined by your occupation.
Occupation type summary – Includes
- White collar – professionals, management, clerical and administrative workers
- Light blue – qualified skilled tradesmen performing light to medium manual work such as electricians, plumbers and chefs
- Dark blue – unskilled manual workers such as cleaners, bricklayers and fencing contractors.
Not all occupations can be covered. Where you do not think your occupation type is covered, give full details to our Member Services Insurance team member, or consult the occupational classification list available from Member Services or on the Forms & Publications Page.
Further information about your insurance protection can be found in the Insurance Guide available on the Forms & Publication Page.